Our life cycle of programs has been purpose-built to support Indigenous youth every step of the way from secondary school to their career path of choice. We have worked hard to develop and continuously improve these programs over the last 15 years to ensure they best meet the needs of the youth we serve and their communities.
Learn about our programs
Download our Program Handbook
OLI Dance provides a creative method to support academic success. Guided by professional choreographers + supported by educators, youth learn choreography with opportunities to perform, both in their home communities + on Canada's biggest stage – Meridian Hall in Toronto!
Students are required to uphold attendance in school, attain a strong academic average, practise positive behaviour and dedicate time and effort to hone performance skills.
The appeal of Dance is that it requires active engagement. Dance requires movement, intention, commitment, and in a group setting, a willingness to “put oneself out there” and be seen. Combined with the excitement and compelling rhythm of upbeat music, Dance offers a perfect medium in which to learn and grow experientially. OLI often sees youth who have fallen away from regular classes at school drawn back through the doors by the intrinsic magnets of music and movement.
· Participants learn leadership skills from choreographers + program managers.
· Youth bring out the best abilities in their team members + work together to achieve shared goals.
· Youth develop attributes such as confidence, punctuality, responsibility, cooperation, and perseverance.
· Participants maintain regular attendance + a strong academic average to continue in the dance program.
· Youth fully engage in their learning + are accountable.
· Students tap into personal strengths such as musical, kinaesthetic, and spatial skills.
· Youth learn to receive + appreciate feedback as a means to further learning.
Health and Well-being
· Youth recognize the interconnectedness of one’s mental, spiritual, emotional and physical health.
· Learning choreography takes discipline and actively engages the mind and body.
· Participants develop grit and the ability to persevere in the face of new challenges.
· Students develop camaraderie with their peers and form long-lasting friendships through Dance.
Sense of Accomplishment
· Participants shine positively in their home communities.
· Youth are celebrated + recognized for their hard work.
· Youth experience first-hand the power of dance and the joy that comes from achieving a hard-won goal.
· Youth seek the next challenge.
RBC Future Leaders
RBC Future Leaders is a high school enrichment, leadership + mentorship program for Indigenous Youth in Grade 10, 11, and 12 who want to develop personal growth, essential leadership, and communication skills through dance.
Participants expand self-knowledge, explore creativity, build confidence, learn healthy personal management tools + techniques, and create connections with a community of Indigenous leaders.
We match youth with a mentor to help them prepare for life after graduation.
Youth learn about their options after high school graduation, explore new opportunities and career paths, both at home and beyond. They travel to Toronto to meet other Future Leaders in person and perform on stage.
A unique approach to career education, leadership development and mentorship.
Mentorship + Career Exploration
· Develop a supportive + motivational relationship with a mentor for personal development.
· Receive guidance to encourage youth to see beyond your borders and explore possible opportunities, career paths, goals and dreams.
Leadership + Connections
· Youth get to know the leader in them by developing essential leadership skills that increase employability.
· They create connections with a larger community and gain access to a network of Indigenous leaders from across Canada.
Extra Trips + Dance
· Work collaboratively towards a final dance performance to be showcased at OLI’s Annual Show in May 2022 in Toronto (at Meridian Hall).
· Travel to Toronto, Winnipeg, and OLI Camp to meet other Future Leaders, visit colleges and universities, meet their mentor in person and enjoy a group trip to Wonderland!
Additional High School Credit.
· Participation in RBC Future Leaders means that youth receive an additional high school credit (over and above the additional credit for OLI Dance).
· Get one step closer to graduating high school.
Stay tuned for information on how to sign up for RBC Future Leaders!
OLI Entrepreneurship brings life to the ideas of aspiring inspiring Indigenous entrepreneurs. Teaches business fundamentals, leadership skills, and connects businesses with potential investors.
OLI Entrepreneurship is accelerating Indigenous startups! This five-month program hones in on business fundamentals, specific to Indigenous innovators and their ideas! Built to serve a community that faces unique barriers, OLI works with each individual entrepreneur to raise them up through coaching and community. Giving these storytellers a platform to not only showcase but to develop their businesses with the help of industry-leading professionals. In partnership with the DMZ at Ryerson University, OLI continues to empower Indigenous Peoples in an innovative and exciting new way
Who: Designed for Indigenous entrepreneurs (18+). It is open to members from all of our partnering communities as well as individually to those interested.
Why: OLI’s life cycle of programs is expanding to offer Indigenous trailblazers with support and guidance as they navigate the business world and launch their ideas.
Coaching (workshops, check-ins, peer-to-peer (P2P), entrepreneurial mindset, etc.)
Capital (technology, business savvy, operations, etc.)
Community (perks and discounts, strengths and weaknesses, pitch and graduation)
Stay tuned for information on how to sign up for OLI Entrepreneurship!
OLI Alumni Excelerator
The Alumni Excelerator is a dynamic network that supports and inspires education and career advancement through skill development, learning and mentorship, access to resources, opportunities and shared experiences.
Our Alumni Excelerator program is open to all individuals who have completed a program with OLI.
It provides awareness and knowledge of the steps required to access educational programs and opportunities and training and career opportunities.
Be a part of our empowerment culture through goal-setting and action, valuing education and enriching life experiences through post-secondary education.
Connect with coaches and mentors and start setting and reaching your life goals!
· Alumni are exposed to educational opportunities and shown the steps necessary to access them.
· Alumni are exposed to career opportunities and shown the steps necessary to access the
· Alumni are connected with coaches who will act as sounding boards, mentors, and guides as they set education, career and life goals.
Sign up for
OLI Alumni Excelerator