WHAT IS OLI
Recent high school graduates or young adults gain the education, confidence and skill set necessary to successfully enter/re-enter the workforce in a career discipline of their choosing.
Our Work/Study program allows participants to invest in their future by exploring education + work opportunities.
We enroll them five college-level courses, weekly skills-based workshops, AND paid placements, all in a culturally safe and supportive environment.
OLI Work/Study is the perfect way to get a post-secondary education, work experience, AND ongoing professional support while staying in your home community.
· Participants are enrolled in 5 courses delivered online by Fanshawe College Niisitaug Program.
· Indigenous instructors and content.
· Small group instruction with individual support.
· $15/hr with 15 hr/weeks.
· In participants' home community or where they reside.
· They receive online support with employability skills.
· Weekly online skill development workshops and cultural activities.
· Opportunity to travel to Toronto and Winnipeg for experiential learning.
· Alumni benefits of ongoing educational funding and support for program graduates.
Message our Program Manager, Janet Zanutto with any questions